Local food producers and institutional food buyers in the southwest region of New Mexico are invited to join us at an event to build strong relationships and create healthier New Mexico communities.
On Thursday, October 26, we will host a regional networking event at The Commons: Center for Food Security and Sustainability, located at 501 E. 13th Street, Silver City, NM. Lunch will be served, so RSVP at your earliest convenience.
- 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Engaging Farmers in New Mexico Grown lunch; Info session & Storytelling Session
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Buyer/Grower Networking
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Local Purchasing Planning Session
Join New Mexico Grown Partners to Learn:
- Best practices for growing good purchasing relationships
- Tips for getting started with the New Mexico Grown program
- How to work with food hubs and producers to source local products
- How to meet institutional market requirements
- About product supply and demand in your region
- How to integrate NM Grown products into your program